On March 2, 2014, the 86th Academy Awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles.
Looking at Predictious, we can see there are the following clear favourites:
- 12 Years A Slave for Best Picture, now trading at m฿8 a share. Note that it has just won the 45th NAACP Image Awards.
- Matthew McConaughey for Best Actor, he has now outranked Leonardo DiCaprio and Chiwetel Ejiofor and his shares selling at m฿7.86. The Guardian also thinks McConaughey will get this oscar.
- For Best Actress, there is Cate Blanchett front-runner for this category, with shares selling at m฿7.75.
- For Best Supporting Actor, we have again the film Dallas Buyers Club with Jared Leto who plays a transgender AIDS patient in the film. Shares are being sold as high as m฿9.5.
- For Best Director we have Alfonso Cuarón (for the film Gravity), it’s probably the most talked movie in the past year and it’s nominated for 10 Academy Awards, it’s now trading at m฿9.01.
- Finally, we have the blockbuster Frozen for the best animated feature film, trading at m฿8.5.